We're practicing this natural parenting method since Nuha was 2months old until today.
I admit that at first I'm so afraid to sleep next to my baby. Risau kang tido lena sampai tak sedar lenyek anak kat sebelah... Nauzubillah. Before Nuha was born, I used to tido mati, selalu tak sedar hape bila dah lena. I never taught my tido mati behavior is going to change right after delivered my daughter. Hehehe. Betullah kata orang, bila jadi mak orang sure tido-tido ayam. Up all night sampai mata lebam like panda. Hahaha ;p
Why we choose Co-Sleeping? [We : persetujuan bersama husband & me ;p]
- Simplifying nursing - easy to BF my baby at night because I'm too lazy & not so discipline person to take her out from baby cot. Heeee ;p
- Strengthening bonds - yes. best tido sempit menyelit nih. Best la sangat ;p Bila bapak & anak conquered the bed (above picture as a proof!) mama have to squeezing between wall & them to sleep. Sometimes tido kat bucu katil. Poor mama. Nasib badan.
- Increasing cuddle time - It's only a left time for us to main geletek due to work constrained at day time. Sob sob sob. Crying deep inside my heart :(
- Fall asleep easily & more nighttime sleep overall - She will sleep more quickly when she wake up during the night. Kadang-kadang mama pun tak sedar (sebab Nuha dah pandai cari susu sendiri. Heeee)
More important is for us to make sure a safe sleep environment. A few Do's & Don'ts as a reminder :
- Blanket - never put a duvet or thick comforter - In early months, I just put on napkin as a blanket for Nuha. Bila dia dah besar, pakai socks saja. Now, bare foots sebab bila mama pakaikan stokin dia cabut. Cuaca kat malaysia bukan sejuk pun. unless you sleep in aircond bedroom.
- Light-off - Make sure there is a source of light (samar-samar pun takpe, janji you can see your baby)
- Smoke - daddies don't smoke before sleep with your babies. Kalau tak, tidur luar ye. Hahaha. (Ayah Nuha not a smoker. Thank Allah for this. Hehehe)
- Fluffy pillow - keep out any teddy bears, fluffy material.